Sunday, May 16, 2010











Hello what is your name and role here at the Farmers Market?
Hi my name is Brian and i supply fish here at the point Loma farmers market.

Why did u choose to sell your fish here in Point Loma?
To bring this product here to people who wouldn't usually have it.

When did u first start selling here?
3 weeks ago but the company has been going on for two years.

Do you have your own garden at home?
Yes yes I do.
Why?
Because fresh is better and no chemicals.

Something that really struck me about the Point Loma farmers market was that they sold more then just food. I have never been to a farmers market and I thought it was just locally grown thing from locally farmer bt they had nice cute Little sun dresses,big beautiful hats,and Tupperware ext.There was allot of things to choose from even food from different countries it was amazing I had a sample of almost everything there:-). My mother bought me food from Africa and bought herself a big pear that looked really good and juicy. Something I thought that was very expensive was the eggs 12 eggs for 8 bucks when u can go to the store and get 24 for the same price.I differently would love to come to farmers markets more often ,and I'm happy we had this project to open my eyes a Little bit about the things I eat and be more aware that I have more options open to me.

Additional tHings to know about Point Loma FARMERS Market.
Every one pays a booth rent of 25$ or 10%
Allot of restrictions and limitations on what u can do
this info was provided to me by Pat Vacio
(sells very yummy jelly I bought 3 jars=-)!!!

6 comments:

  1. Something that I really liked about your blog was the pictures because it seemed like you had fun visiting the Farmers Market and you really explored what was in it and how the system worked. Something that made me really think was that, it is true, the Farmers Market's do also sell products like cloths, acssesories etc. etc. There has to be another reason why they also sell more than foods. I also think that you did a really good job in writing additional information about the Farmers Market at the bottom of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you talked to many different vendors and customers, it made it a lot more interesting and you got a lot more information. I thought about why the eggs cost so much there because at the farmers market i went to they were organic and they weren't that expensive. Why do you think that they cost so much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was really cool how you talked to a fish seller. Most people who went to a market talked to a fruit/vegetable seller. Quite interesting.

    I went to the same market that you went to, but the person that you interviewed wasn't there. Did you go on a different weekend perhaps?

    Good post, it was organized, and a nice picture to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi
    I like how you got a lot of different pictures and seemed to get really good answers for the questions you asked. I also like how you told us about the stuff they sold there, and the things that you liked there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like how that you interviewed a fish seller because you normally wouldn't find a fish seller at a market. it really strikes me how people seem to just think that farmer markets are just produce but they can be so much more. nice job on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you told us some of the other things they sold there besides fruits and veggies. I also like how you told us that they payed rent to sell at the farmers market, because i never really thought about it before.

    ReplyDelete